A website audit is a process of examining how a website appears to search engines.
It’s used to figure out what’s wrong with a website and how it’ll affect the user’s engagement.
We can find a solution to the site’s problems by examining the problem.
It is a Digital Marketing Company‘s initial step in applying SEO Services and achieving organic outcomes.
A website audit, in simple terms, is used to offer a website that is interactive for both visitors and search engines.
We may simply impress the search engine if we please the user. Because the user is the Search Engine’s property.
Major factors diagnosing Website Audit
This audit can uncover all of a website’s nooks and crannies. These factors, which are described below, can be diagnosed using a website audit.
- Meta Description
- ALT Text
- Content Analysis
- Organic Keyword and Traffic
- Inbound link
- URL Text
- URL Structure
- URL redirect
- Sitemap Validity
- Canonical tag
- Google Search Console Implementation
- Google Analytics
- Broken Links
- 404 Error Page
- Social Media Link
- Asset Minification
- Asset Cacheability
- Asset Compression
- Domain Rating or Authority
- Mobile Usability
- Page Loading Speed
- Competitors Site Comparison
We can determine what regions to develop in that particular site by checking these difficulties.
It assists us in identifying weaknesses and resolving them. We can swiftly rank the website if we resolve it immediately.
We can use some of the tools to figure out what’s wrong with the website. They before can
- SEO Site Checkup
- Uber Suggest
- Semrush etc.,
We can download some of these tools for free through the search engine. We can easily obtain the report from the website; nevertheless, we must personally examine and provide a remedy.
- The Title tag is used to specify the website’s title. And this headline must be eye-catching and relevant to both the user and the search engine.
- The title tag is a vital tag that informs the searcher whether or not we should go on that website.
- A link in blue colour appears in the SERP result, and this is the website’s title.
- This title must include the website’s keyword. This is beneficial for more than just ranking purposes.
- It’s also helpful for searchers to get a sense of what’s inside the site and whether it’s related to their search.
- The content is identified by its title. When the content is excellent but the title is unimpressive, the content’s reach is reduced. It also boosts “Click Through Rate” (CTR).
When we do a keyword search for “Digital Marketing Company,” we come up with a lot of results. The blue-coloured link in the obtained result is referred to as the title.
There is a character restriction for this title tag. A title can be between 50 and 60 characters long. It will be clipped off the display if it moves more than that, and it will appear as (….)
- In the SERP result, a meta description is also a significant component to consider.
- The meta description character limit is 120-160 characters. It will also appear on search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Despite the abbreviated meta description, the website ranks in the display results.
- Although the character restriction is significant when designing a website, it will almost certainly not be followed as is. We need to get to the searcher’s intent. That is the primary goal before providing a meta description.
- And, most importantly, we must include a keyword in the meta description. It’s not just for ranking purposes. It’s helpful to determine whether or not the website’s content is relevant to the user’s search.
- An alternative text that can be placed within a picture is known as Alt Text. It has the potential to be the foundation of web accessibility.
- It can describe the images of what it represents.
- Keywords are also included in these ALT texts. Because the alt text is crawled by the Search Engine Bot.
- The photos are incomprehensible to a search engine. It can comprehend with the use of alt text. As a result, we must provide meaningful alt text for each image.
- It is an added value to the website when we provide greater image context to search engines.
- Consider whether we can read the alt description naturally as a user before providing one.
- Keyword stuffing should not be used to boost search engine rankings.
- The alt text for that term can be seen in the above image, and it will be valuable for individuals searching for a “digital marketing agency or company in India.”
- This isn’t just for ranking purposes. It’s also about ensuring user pleasure.
- It is also utilized to provide the user with better clear information.
- We can reduce the bounce rate on this site, and there’s a probability that users will spend more time there.
- The header is an important tag that may be used to organise text in a visually appealing way.
- This heading tag contains headings ranging from H1 to H6.
- H1 is a crucial tag. It has to be on all of the websites.
- The keyword is also included in the H1 tag. It’s not just for ranking purposes.
- It is also beneficial to give the user the impression that they are on the correct website.
- The user has the impression that if they spend enough time on our page, they will be able to find exactly what they are looking for.
- The heading tag is also used to direct viewers to where they may find specific information.
- Some people may not read the entire article, therefore headlines help determine exactly what you require.
- Because they can obtain knowledge in a shorter period. As a result, users will be satisfied with the website, and they will return.
- The website’s content reigns supreme. When information is high-quality, it ranks well in search engines.
- Before composing material, we must consider the user’s perspective. We can simply satisfy the search engines if users are satisfied with the content.
- We must understand our target audience and tailor our material to them.
- Keywords must be included in content; however, if there are too many keywords, keyword stuffing occurs, and the website is penalised by a search engine.
- Extensive and useful information can be added to a website.
- Concentrate on the content’s font size, colour, and background colour.
- To make the text more understandable, include photos and tables.
- Avoid content that is too thin or duplicated. Because imitation websites are frowned upon by search engines. In addition, the website will be penalised.
- Avoid cloaking as well; the goal isn’t just to rank on a website. We must determine the user’s intent.
We can observe that the subheadings, in this case, contain keywords. Furthermore, the content is pertinent to the topic “Digital Marketing Agency or Company – SEO Services.“
- Analyze the content without using too many keywords. They are providing relevant information rather than extra keywords.
- When content contains useful information, it is simple to satisfy both searchers and search engines.
- To conduct a website audit, we must first determine whether the information is relevant to the subject. Furthermore, the material must be substantial and distinct. Consider yourself a user, and read the content on the website to see if it meets the standard of the language and is simple to comprehend.
Organic keyword and Traffic
- We can simply detect organic keywords and traffic utilising tools like UberSuggest, Ahrefs, and others.
- The main goal of the site audit is to enhance organic traffic.
- First, we must determine what the site is about, after which we may determine which organic keywords on the site have a high search volume.
- We may look at organic traffic month by month.
- For a limited time, the tools can supply data as well as paid and free services.
- By typing the URL into the search bar, we may examine the traffic and keywords. Then we can acquire all the information we need, such as the top-ranking keywords, top-ranking pages, keyword difficulty, and search volume.
- We can learn things like which countries have the most searches. In addition, based on the number of searches, the countries were mentioned.
The link establishes a connection. There are two kinds of hyperlinks.
- Internal link
- External link
We must identify the linkages in a website audit.
The internal link is used to connect two web pages on the same website.
The external link is used to establish a connection between two or more websites.
We can provide a link to the webpage by utilising Anchor text. Make sure the anchor text is relevant to the page you’re connecting to. If possible, we can use the connecting page’s keyword as the anchor text for the original page. Only the user can determine whether or not the link includes information relevant to the user’s needs.
- We can see the link that leads to useful information on another page in the example above. It will also be emphasised in various colours.
- It also reduces the bounce rate.
- The user can also use the link to navigate.
- All web pages are indexed using linking as well.
- The website also does not have enough internal links. It will be inconvenient for the searcher as well.
- Concentrate solely on quality and assisting users in navigating the site.
- Backlinks are another term for inbound links.
- Backlinks can be obtained from an external website via a directory, article submission, web 2.0, guest post, and other methods.
- We can submit our link to an excellent site that was created just for submitting the directory in Directory Submission. We noticed that the Domain Authority must be greater than 20 and the spam score must be less than 5. This holds for all entries.
- Because we rely on that site for traffic, trust, and authority. We don’t need that site’s spam.
- We can write material and publish it on their website with two hyperlinks using Anchor Text for other submissions.
- Even if backlinks are vital, if the content is strong and interesting, the website can still display SERP results with fewer backlinks.
- The strength of a website’s ranking is measured using domain authority. This score determines how well a website performs.
- A respectable website should have a Domain Authority of at least 20.
- The URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator. It will look up the web address for specific pieces of material. A keyword must be included in the URL content.
- The URL is also displayed on the SERP by the title and metasearch engine.
- The URL is a naming format that affects the Click Through Rate (CTR).
- The pages used by URL will be evaluated and ranked by search engines.
- Either a keyword or a brand name appears in the URL text. It’s useful for folks who are trying to figure out what a URL is about.
- When a searcher likes a URL, they merely go to the website and click it.
- The URL is a less important ranking criterion. However, we can’t expect to rank just based on the words in the domain and page name.
- The first thing that comes to mind for the audience is naming the page and choosing a domain name.
- The length of the URL isn’t important, but the structure must be maintained.
- CTR (Click-Through-Rate) implies that shorter URLs offer more options. Shorter URLs are also preferred by the Searcher.
- When a keyword appears multiple times in a URL, it appears spammy and manipulative.
- Humans can easily read the finest URLs. As a result, it has to be a static URL.
- Hyphens can be used as a separator.
- In the URL, avoid using capital letters.
- For secure networks, use HTTPS.
These are the elements that must be included in the URL. To perform a Site Audit, we must examine this URL Structure.
This is a simple and effective URL structure that both users and search engines can remember.
- A URL redirect directs the browser to a different URL.
- It is a web approach for creating multiple web pages on a single website that is used all over the world.
- When a search engine tries to open a URL, it will immediately redirect to the same URL, according to the SEO expert.
- Because the plagiarism was not tolerated by the search engine
- URL redirection, also called URL forwarding, is a World Wide Web technique for making a web page available under more than one URL address. When a web browser attempts to open a URL that has been redirected, a page with a different URL is opened.
- It’s a protocol or standard for excluding robots.
- It’s a text file that informs search engines what to read on a website and what not to read.
- If we don’t use robots.txt, our site will be hidden from SERP results.
- It also determines whether or not the pages are indexed.
When we give https://www.fourphoenix.com/robots.txt, we’re saying that
It will show what material from this website should not be crawled.
- So, see if the website has a robots.txt file. Add it to the website if it isn’t already there.
- Use https://www.fourphoenix.com/sitemap index.xml to see if the website has a sitemap.
- It’s only a hypothetical situation. Your Sitename/sitemap index.xml or sitename/sitemap.xml are options.
- It aids search engines in obtaining all of the pages on the website.
- It can list all of the website’s URLs.
- Some tools, such as WordPress, produce the sitemap automatically. If it isn’t, we’ll need to create a sitemap and submit it to Google Search Console.
- We can also find out which pages are not indexed in the search engine using this sitemap.
- Sitemap Validity is a tool that lists all of the websites on a domain.
- It can be used to locate the sitemap that corresponds to the listing URL.
- It can evaluate all sitemaps for file size, URL count limit, and valid structure, and it is a search engine and user-accessible.
- A website may contain multiple web pages with the same content.
- Search engines must be able to tell which material is unique.
- This is the structure format of a canonical tag to implement in a website.
<link rel=”canonical” href=”https://www.sksweddingplanner.com/” />
- As a result, we must assign a canonical tag to that page’s content.
- Every website, like the one above, must declare the canonical URL.
Google Search Console Implementation
- The use of Google Search Console in a website is an important aspect that may be used to track website performance such as clicks, impressions, Click Through Rate (CTR), and position.
- It can also diagnose indexing issues and make requests for re-indexing.
- We can figure out which queries and pages get the most traffic.
- The site’s performance can be compared to those of other countries.
- We can determine whether or not the Google Search Console is installed on a website by using a service like Woorank.
- It keeps track of how many times a user visits a website.
- It may track critical metrics including user experience, mobile-friendliness, social media, and website content, which will aid in business growth.
- It also determines the length of the session, bounce rate, and several pages per session, among other things.
- So, to improve the business, we must integrate this technology on a website.
- This is also where we can see some of the tools, such as Woorank, and see if they have been implemented. If it isn’t, we have no choice but to suggest it.
- Even though it is a free tool, it may provide a wealth of information.
When an anchor text contains a link to a specific page. When a web page cannot be found, it is referred to as a broken link.
Some programmes, such as a dead link detector, can detect this broken link.
When we search for and attempt to obtain information from anchor text but are unable to do so, we have become dissatisfied with the website.
Both searchers and search engines are disappointed by broken links.
If a broken link is discovered, advise removing or deleting the link, making it actual, or at the very least 404 error pages.
The term “removal” refers to the act of temporarily removing a link.
We can permanently erase the connection by using disavow.
Custom 404 Error Page
When a server is unable to locate a URL, the site will automatically display a 404 or not found page.
The user and the search engine can both identify that something went wrong by personalising the 404 error page.
As a result, the searcher and search engine will be aware that there is a problem with the website, which they are attempting to resolve.
Search engines can access the entire site without interruption as well.
Although this is not a solution, we have been able to persuade the searcher and the search engine.
As a result, we must investigate the broken link and recommend that they provide at least 404 error pages in the website assessment.
- We must determine whether the protocol is secure.
- Instead of HTTP, the URL must contain HTTPS. Because Google announced in July 2018 that HTTP is not secure. As a result, there is a race to get rid of the guests.
- The DMARC (Domain-Based Message Authentication Reporting and Conformance) protocol should be synchronised. It can be used to keep hackers at bay. It can detect unauthorized users.
Links to Social Media
- We must include social media accounts for a business on a website, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Whatsapp, and so on.
- Furthermore, all of these accounts must be active.
- Because social media has such a large impact on most types of consumers nowadays.
- As a result, it will assist in the company’s growth.
- We can obtain more customers thanks to social media’s reach. As a result, our popularity grows.
It also reduces file size by deleting some spaces, line breaks, and comments, among other things.
When two or more CSS files are combined into one, the number of HTTP requests is reduced.
It can be used to reduce the time it takes for a page to load and the amount of bandwidth required by a website.
The accessibility of the website does not hang while the page loads in a fraction of a second, which means we can provide a better user experience. It also impresses the search engine, which we can see in the SERPs.
When we make a request to a server and receive an HTTP response with some instructions, it can be saved and retrieved for later use.
It’s a storage space in a designated region.
It will collect temporary data that is used to speed up the loading of web pages and apps.
The cache is used to quickly retrieve data and improve device performance.
From the user’s perspective, it will shorten the download time. As a result, users can effortlessly download data files from the server.
We can compress the file like a picture, video, or anything else, but it will not degrade the file’s quality.
It also reduces the time it takes for websites to load.
These three assets are critical for loading the page in a fraction of a second on all types of devices, including mobile phones, desktops, laptops, tablets, and so on.
A favicon is a graphic icon that can be shown in a website’s address bar.
It’s similar to the logo of a specific website.
The presence of a favicon on a website makes a positive impression on both search engines and users.
Even if it is not a significant component, it improves the website’s quality.
The website must be user-friendly on mobile devices.
Because the majority of searchers are using a mobile device. It’s simple to transfer, and we can obtain information from any place.
Make sure the button and link on the mobile site aren’t too close together.
The mobile usability test can be checked using Google Search Console’s mobile-friendly test. It’s a completely free programme.
It can determine whether or not a page is mobile-friendly. If it isn’t, it can also diagnose the issue so that a better remedy can be found.
Page loading Speed
The speed with which a page load is an important feature that can influence both searchers and search engines.
A good website should load in less than 5 seconds, while the ideal website should load in less than 1 second.
Pingdom and Page Speed Insights are two tools that may be used to assess page loading speed.
When a person receives information promptly, both the user and the search engine are happy with our site.
This page loading speed can be measured on both mobile and desktop platforms.
We can diagnose and solve problems based on the results of this analysis.
The majority of the time, image size is the stumbling block to page load speed.
In website audits, it is a critical component.
When we audit a website, we can figure out why it isn’t ranking in search engines and how to enhance its position in search results.
However, by competition analysis, we may learn how it ranks in the first position.
We can figure out what extra features have been introduced to the high-ranking website.
As a result, we can boost our website’s position by developing it.
To conduct a competitor analysis, you must examine all aspects of the site audit.
We can quickly audit the site using any search engine tool. There is a paid and a free version.
However, it will mostly examine the website’s front page.
When we can manually diagnose the problem and come up with a solution from our perspective. As a result, we will be able to approach the machine more effectively.
Because the searcher is likewise a person. A human, rather than a machine, can provide the best solution for improving a website via SEO Services.
We can assess what factors have been introduced to the website after we have created or audited it and seen it as a searcher. We can automatically get a better place in Search Engines’ hearts, i.e. SERP results when we reach the searcher’s intent and provide a piece of exact information that is appealing.