10 Main causes of Google is not indexing Website
- Google is one of the most used Search engines, especially in India. Due to this pandemic situation, every business must enter into this digital world to avoid a huge loss.
- In these past 3years, it will been tremendous growth for digital marketing. And it will not stop along with this.
- How we are going to push our business online? Simple. Just create a website, post product or service photos and videos on social media.
- Is this correct?? No, it’s not like that. Website creation is just like a dot or beginning for kolam or drawing. We have to manage and rank the website in search engines through digital marketing. Because in every place there is a huge amount of competition. So we have to overcome that.
- After creating a website, we must index it to the search engine. It is like a process that we are telling to search engine we are a newcomer in such category.
- For Eg
- When we join a new college, first we enrol ourselves, then we just tell about our identity, skills.
- Like that, indexing is like enrolling the website in a search engine. From that, when searchers search with matching category, then Google will rank our site to the user. By these, users can select what they want. Based upon user experience only, Google will rank our website.
- Based upon these, we can able to know the importance of indexing the website. Generally, it will be done within 24-48 hrs with the help of Google Search Console. Sometimes, there is a chance to site is not indexed. We will list out the reasons behind not indexing.
1. Missing proper domain name
- The first and foremost reason is Google not indexing our website is we don’t have a proper domain name or missing the domain name.
- There is a chance for a domain name is not set properly.
- IP address redirection is not configured successfully.
- Add 301 redirects will help us to back onto their respective domains. By these, we can redirect them to our physical domain name from what they are searching.
- A domain name is a must as well as important. It is one of the important rank factors of Google.
- Our world is moving to minimize in one empty hand. So Google also prefers that has a major rank factor. Google also introduced a new beginning as Mobile-First indexing.
- When our website is good in the desktop view, if it is not optimised for mobile or tablet view, then we will drop out our website ranking as well as traffic.
- Add some design principles like fluid grids, CSS media queries. It will navigate the user what they exactly need. Mobile optimisation is very easy.
- We can analyse it by using this tool ” Google Mobile-Friendly Test “.
- If the website is not getting “passed reading”, then we have to analyse and rectify it to get back our site as Mobile Friendly.
3. Google is not clear with difficult coding language
- Google will not index our website if we use a difficult level of coding language.
- We can use any coding language, whether it is old or updated but only one thing we have to ensure is that the settings must be correct.
- When we mismatched the settings, then we have to face crawling and indexing issues on the website.
- By taking the Mobile-Friendly Test, we can analyse the issue and also diagnose what we have to do.
- If the website is not standard, then we have a lot of resources and they also guide us on what we do to get a good and responsive webpage.
4. Website loading Speed Issues
- Google has calculated that the best website can load within 1 sec. On that basis, Google has given priority to the website.
- When a site takes more time to load a webpage means there will be a chance for a lot of factors but we have to analyse and rectify that without any hesitation.
- It may be more images or content or else an outdated server with only limited resources.
- By using page speed insights tools, we can exactly diagnose the problem and also segregate which needs immediate action to improve.
- By using the webpage test.org tool, we can analyse the exact issue. And it will also help to identify the issue before getting into any serious issue. After that, use the page speed insights tool again, to see any changes over the website.
If a website seems to be a good means, we might get worth exploring a new hosting plan with more new resources or using CDN service that will help to serve with multiple locations.
5. Website Content is minimal
- Google has given more concentration to content. So content plays a king role.
- The best content website is also getting very competitive to rank on SERPs. If the content is not informative, unique and doesn’t reach the competitor level means then it will cause serious issues for indexing as well as ranking.
- Content length is not important. When the content is informative, it will automatically reached. Word count is not a ranking factor. But Content Analyser is an important Ranking factor.
- When a user got the information what they are searching means, then it will good user experience and it will be added credentials to the website.
- When a website has thin webpage means, then it will have a chance to cause an indexing issue. Because in general, it will not meet the minimum quality level as well as there is a chance for getting plagiarism content.
6. Failed in User Engagement
- User is the pillar for Google Search Engine. When a user is satisfied, the search engine also gets satisfied then the website will be automatically indexing and Ranking.
- Users must visit our website and navigate throughout the website without any hesitation and distraction.
- Link the article or page with the relevant posts. It’s like a process of internal Linking.
- Be assured, that not miss any product list along with subcategories. So users can go with some order.
7. Too many redirect
- Redirecting is also a major problem to create indexing issues.
- Find the redirect loop, and repair it with 301, or 302 redirects.
- By using Screaming Frog, we can find the status codes for 404 and other errors also.
- Use Google Search Console, crawl the website and resubmit it for indexing. Surely, it will take at least one week. Even though we know we had updated the website, we must wait until Google updates.
8. Misuse of robots.txt and sitemap
- Robots.txt only allow the search engine to which webpage crawl or not.
- The sitemap will list out all the web pages present on the website. And it will also ensure whether all the web pages are indexed in Google or not.
- Ensure that disallow lines are blank in the code. So it states that the search engine can crawl all the web pages without any restriction.
- If the robots.txt file contains forward slash means then it will block all the pages from the website. It’s a symbol like no indexed.
- Change any meta tags with the word index, or no follow as a reading index, and follow or do-follow.
- The important webpage can be mentioned with the help of a sitemap.
9. Hiding js and CSS files
10. Google penalized for a past act
- Google has followed their penalities. Before trashing the penalty Google will not index the site. So we must have to do from basics like content, rebuild domain etc.
- Google needs some of the factors that must be perfect. To optimize the website with relevant as well as ranking keywords. The technical SEO must be too strong to do proper indexing.
- The main perspective is to display our website on the SERP results page. By resolving these above causes we can not only better results but also rank our site in Google.